Terms of Service
Readers Chatter (ReadersChatter.com) is owned and operated by Schoolze, Inc., a Delaware corporation ("Company" or simply referred to as we or us). This Terms of Service Agreement (the "Agreement") is a legal agreement between you and the Company for use of the ReadersChatter.com website and the mobile app (together called the "Website"), the servers the Site is stored on, or the computer files stored on that server (collectively, the "Service"). By creating an account or accessing or using the Service You accept and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using our Services. By accessing or using any part of our Services, you agree to become bound by the Terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to all the Terms of this Agreement, then you may not access or use any of our Services. If these Terms are considered an offer by the Company, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms.
Our Services are not directed to children. Access to and use of our Services is only for those over the age of 13 (or 16 in the European Union). If you are younger than this, you may not register for or use our Services. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to our Services represents that they are 13 years of age or older (16 years or older in the European Union).
You agree to provide us with complete and accurate information when you register for an account. You will be solely responsible and liable for any activity that occurs under your username. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- Your Account - Use of our Services requires a ReadersChatter.com account. If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and its content, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the Website. You must not describe or assign content to your account in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others. We reserve the right to change or remove any description or keyword that we consider inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause us liability. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. We will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
Use of the Service - We may temporarily or permanently terminate or suspend your access to the Service without notice and liability on us for any reason or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by this Agreement.
The Service is subject to planned and unplanned interruptions. We may also decide to change or elimination part of the Service at our own discretion. You agree that the Company will not be liable to you for any interruption of the Service, delay or failure to perform.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other ReadersChatter.com Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. The Company is not liable for any user’s action (or lack thereof) or your interactions with other users.
Responsibility of Contributors - If you operate an account, add and / or comment on a book, post material or a link to the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, Content), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text or graphics. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine - or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not obscene, libelous or defamatory, hateful or racially or ethnically objectionable, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your account is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and websites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your account is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your account’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by us or otherwise.
- Readers Chatter is a content-driven website where users communicate about the books and also post reviews and comments about the books. We designate moderators to monitor the content and community activity. Moderator of the site reserves the right to modify, add or delete content posted by the community upon his or her discretion.
- We reserve the right to remove any screenshot (or content created on Readers Chatter, e.g. comments, messages, avatars, etc.) for any reason whatsoever. We reserve the right to ban any member or website from using the Service for any reason. By using any of our Website or the Service, you give us permission to use your registration information to personalize and enhance the user experience for the Services we offer collectively through the Website.
- All content, posts or articles uploaded are copyright © their respective owners.
- If you delete any Content on the Website, We will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
- Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, we reserve the right (though not the obligation) to, in our sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in our reasonable opinion, violates any of our policies or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in our sole discretion. We will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Responsibility of Website Users - Readers Chatter is a private and secure collaboration platform to facilitate the community of readers where readers post interesting books and have conversations around them. We make reasonable effort by assigning moderators with higher level access to control the quality of the content but as it is true for any community, We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that materials content, use or effects. By operating the Website, We do not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. We disclaim any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors - We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, We do not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. We disclaim any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites - We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which the Website links, and that link to the Website . We do not have any control over those websites and webpages as they are not operated by us, and as we are not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to an external website or webpage, We do not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. We disclaim any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of external websites and webpages that are not operated by us.
Copyright Infringement - We have adopted the following policy toward copyright infringement on the Service in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (a copy of which is located at http://www.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf, the "DMCA").
The address of Our Designated Agent for copyright takedown notices ("Designated Agent") is:
1075 Lighthouse Ave, Unit 126, Pacific Grove, California, 93950
Attn: Designated Agent
If you believe that Content residing or accessible on or through the Service infringes a copyright, you may send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent at the address above:
- Identification of the work or material being infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, including its location, with sufficient detail so that we are capable of finding it and verifying its existence.
- Contact information for the notifying party (the "Notifying Party"), including name, address, telephone number and email address.
- A statement that the Notifying Party has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or law.
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided in the notice is accurate and that the Notifying Party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed.
We will respond to valid DMCA requests within 10 days. In all cases, if you do not hear a response from us within 10 days of submitting a complaint, please email us again at support [at] schoolze dot com confirm that we received your original complaint. As you may know, spam blockers sometimes reject important emails from unknown parties.
Please note that under applicable law any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability for damages.
In an effort to be transparent in removing or restricting access to user-uploaded content, We may make public any DMCA notice received (with personal contact information removed). This may include posting the notice to a public-facing website, among other methods.
After removing access to the material pursuant to a valid DMCA notice, We will immediately notify the user responsible for the allegedly infringing material that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
We reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to immediately terminate the account of any member who is the subject of repeated DMCA notifications.
Submitting a DMCA Counter-Notification
If you believe you are the wrongful subject of a DMCA notification, you may file a counter-notification with us by providing the following information to the Designated Agent at the address above:
- The specific URLs of material that We have removed or to which We have disabled the access.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or the federal district courts located in Monterey County, California if your address is outside of the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original DMCA notification or an agent of such person.
- The following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled."
- Your signature.
- Upon receipt of a valid counter-notification, We will forward it to Notifying Party who submitted the original DMCA notification. The original Notifying Party (or the copyright holder he or she represents) will then have ten (10) days to notify us that he or she has filed legal action relating to the allegedly infringing material. If We do not receive any such notification within ten (10) days, we may restore the material to the Services.
- Intellectual Property- This Agreement does not transfer from us to you any of our or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with the Company, the brand and service logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Company, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks that belong to us or our licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any trademarks that belong to us to any of our third-party.
- Changes - We reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination - If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your ReadersChatter.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. We may disable or terminate your access to the Services and/or your account at any time, for any reason (with or without cause, with or without notice or for your violation of any term of this Agreement), which may result in the forfeiture of all information associated with your membership. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Services, and any Content will immediately cease; however, We may retain certain transactional data or other data and information related to this Agreement and as necessary for auditing purposes and/or as required by law. All provisions of this Agreement which, by their nature, should survive termination, will survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability. If you need to delete your own ReadersChatter.com account and remove your information completely from being accessed, you can write and email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you have on your account with a subject line as “Delete my ReadersChatter account”. We will verify the legitimacy of the request and will act upon it asap. Note that the account deletion is a non-reversible process on the Website.
- Disclaimer of Warranties - The Website is provided “as is”. The Company and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither the company nor its suppliers and licensors makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability - In no event will the Company, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for Interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to the company under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. We shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification - You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to out of your violation this Agreement.